Friendly Blog & Great Ideas
Hi Guys! Our Blog is about how to save and extend the life of our household appliances.
PROLONG THE LIFE OF YOUR DRYER
Unfortunately, we have to wash and dry our clothes regardless of the weather conditions. But how to dry your clothes if there is no balcony or loggia in your apartment? The dryer will help the situation. However, like any other appliance, the dryer also requires some care, so you need to follow the simple rules of exploitation. Due to a their practice, our competent technicians recommend first of all be sure that the electricity works properly to avoid any short circuits. In case of any malfunction, try to find the real cause of the problem and fix it as soon as possible, it will help to avoid serious breakages.
RECOMMENDATIONS FROM OUR EXPERIENCED TECHNICIANS HOW TO KEEP THE FRESHNESS
Here are some useful recommendation on keeping food and products in the fridge.
Not everyone knows that top shelves are one of the warmest places in the refrigerator. It is good to store here: all kinds of leftovers, drinks and ready-to-eat foods (for example, butter, yogurt, cheese and delicacies).
Lower shelves – the lowest temperature is set here, so this zone is suitable for storing raw ingredients, that is, meat, fish, etc. (this advice is relevant if there is no special freshness zone in the refrigerator).
The door is the warmest part of the refrigerator and with an unstable temperature, so the habit of storing dairy products and eggs here should be abandoned. However, sauces and ketchups, jams and pickles, soft and processed cheeses will feel quite normal on the door shelves.
When food is next to each other, their smells mix, and harmful bacteria can very quickly “move” onto each other. Try to store products in separate containers and packages, or reusable plastic Zip-lock bags.
To extend the shelf life of the fruit, store it with paper towels or in paper bags, as the paper will absorb condensation.
By regularly examining the contents of the refrigerator, you will be able to timely identify the food to be eaten as quickly as possible.
PROFESSIONAL TECHNICANS RECOMMENDATIONS FOR OVENS' USEFUL EXPLOITATION
Due to many years of experience in oven repair, our technicians will give you some recommendations how to prolong the life of your device and use all functions of the device many of us even do not know about.
Low temperature modes
Today, there are 40, 50, 60, 80 degrees modes even in simple ovens, and this is a great opportunity to use this device not only for baking, but also roasting, melting. Under 40-degree mode, you can cook dishes that require fermentation (holding the dough, making kvass, yoghurt and other drinks that “ferment”). In the mode of 50-60 degrees -vegetables, fruits, herbs, mushrooms are perfectly dried, especially with the use of convection. You can use the same modes for making homemade marshmallows and defrosting food. Well, 80 degrees is a suitable temperature for melting.
THINGS THAT SHOULD STAY OUT OF YOUR DISHWASHER
If you want your new purchased dishwasher to be a real assistant in kitchen and not bring losses and disappointments, it must be used correctly. Which dishes can be washed in the equipment, and which cannot, are detailed in the instructions. But, does everyone read it? Even more, no one will look into the sheet before each turning on the dishwasher. Here are some simple but important recommendations from our skilled technicans about how to protect the machine from damages.
- Wooden appliances need more delicate treatment, especially if their surface is varnished. From exposure of hot water and steam, a coating will burst and eventually “peel off”. In addition, drying with air pressure leads to cracks and irregularities.
- Porcelain. Drawings and decorative elements with gilding on dishes do not tolerate hot water well and fade over time. That is why it is better to wash expensive sets or old grandmother’s porcelain by hand.
- Aluminum items. This metal oxidizes under the influence of detergents, from which black plaque appears on its surface.
- Cast iron products. Detergents that are used in dishwashers not only reduce the strength of the products, but also provoke the appearance of rust on them.
- Kitchen knives. A sharp knife, if placed incorrectly, can damage the dishwasher.
- Thin crystal. Products made from such a fragile material become cloudy from exposure to detergents. Cleaning them in the dishwasher can lead to cracks and chips on the surface of the crystal.
HOW TO CLEAN THE COOKING RANGE
Regular and on time care of the stove will not only keep it clean, but also maintain high efficiency of its work. When fresh dirt appears, it is enough to wipe the surface with a damp sponge. Treat the hob and oven immediately after you finish cooking – this will significantly save your precious time and make your efforts easier.
When cleaning the surface covered with enamel, regardless of the type of heating devices (electric or gas burners), you should use pasty and liquid products.
To clean the stove at home, we recommend using classic baking soda. After surface treatment, it is necessary to wipe it with a sponge soaked in a solution of ammonia (dose – not more than one teaspoon of alcohol to be diluted in a liter of water). To clean the gas stove grate, just put it in a liquid of warm water and soap, then wiped with a brush. Remember, that enameled surfaces lose their external qualities from acid solutions, metal scouring pads, as well as from the use of abrasive agents.
HOW TO TO SANITIZE YOUR FRONT LOADING WASHER
If you want your washer to serve you for a long time, just follow the recommendations of our experts. Cleaning the washing machine from time to time will help you avoid mold and unpleasant odors. If after washing you noticed that your laundry is not clean and has an unpleasant odor, just wash it without any clothes in it.
Add half a cup of low percentage washing powder, turn it on and leave until the end of the cycle. Washing the machine once in a month will be enough. Besides, before each washing make sure there are not bulges or cracks, and the fittings are tight.
Do not overload the washing machine. It would be better to divide your laundry into several parts. Remember, that if you used to leave the wet laundry in the washing machine for a long time, it will cause mold and grease.
HOW TO GET A SQUEAKY CLEAN MICROWAVE
We use the microwaves every day, so that is why it should be threatened and cleaned properly. Here are some simple, but efficient recommendations how to clean the device at home. The choice of a method for cleaning a microwave oven depends on the degree of its pollution, as well as on the coating material. Almost all available methods are based on creating the effect of a steam “bath”, which effectively softens and removes even old plaque.
- dishwashing liquid-the best option for taking care of a new stove, as well as for removing minor dirt;
- fresh lemon or citric acid – suitable for medium soiling on any type of coating, but for enamel it is recommended to carry out the procedure less frequently;
- table vinegar – allows you to remove even stubborn fat and carbon deposits, but for the enamel coating it is better to use a more gentle method;
- solution of baking soda and water – an effective method for removing medium to heavy dirt inside the oven;
- chemical agents – you can purchase special compositions for cleaning microwave ovens that will help solve any problem.